Saturday, June 12, 2010

Who Will Replace Apps as the Next Liberal President?

Next week Alf Apps is scheduled to step down as Liberal Party President. The norm lately has been to appoint the Executive Vice President.

It's rumoured the Leader's Office is preferring Kukucha over Garceau.

I'm not 100% sure of the rules, but I don't think it's outside the scope of the National Board of Directors to pick someone from outside their own little click. So feel free to email them with ideas or state your choice for president in the comment section here.

4 comments:

ck said...

Do you have any preference between the two? Or none of them? Just curious is all.

James Curran said...

Nope. Both are lawyers. One from Montreal. One from BC. We're weak in both provinces right now.

Anonymous said...

Well Jim - he'll probably kill me - but I respected the outreach that Doug Ferguson did as President (and he was back by I think popular demand) for a second term.
He got En Famille going - and quite a few other initiatives -which did a great job of promoting debate up to Vancouver - and then - Doug left - Alf came in - and frankly - dialogue died!

Wascally Wabbit

James Curran said...

I thought of Doug as well...a man with a vision for democracy within the Liberal Party of Canada....but, I believe he is now officially a candidate for his London riding. Liberal University was a product of Doug's as well when he was VP-Org for LPCO and a lot of my platform came from his original stuff.